Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Should we Complain?

I was going to write a post doing just that; COMPLAINING! I have had such a rough few days that I just wanted to quit on everything. It took everything I had to smile and be happy today when deep down inside I wanted to scream bloody murder.

After finally arriving home after a long, hot, tiring day I of course go on my laptop. Did the usual. Ate some BANGIN dinner my mom cooked, checked my e-mail, checked my FaceBook and relaxed. I put up a post on FaceBook that said just this....


"I DONT NEED TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO ANYONE. IM TIRED AND HAVE BEEN ILL. IF YA CANT EXCEPT THAT , AND THAT BEING I "DISSAPEAR" LIKE SOME OF YA SAY THEN GET OUT MY LIFE. I DONT NEED TO EXPLAIN MY MEDICAL ISSUES TO ANYONE, ANYONEEEEEE."

I was angry as you can clearly see with all the CAPS. There are just times when enough is enough. So I vented with my word vomit.

But after venting I came across this video and had re-evaluate my emotions. We are only human and have every legal right to complain about things that hurt us or make us feel bad. But do we sometimes complain too much? Where we just sound miserable and never satisfied? I often tell the children I work with or my peers think twice before you complain but yet today I was guilty of it. Here is a clear example on why we should not complain and have more gratitude of the things we already have in our lives. God bless this young man. Watching this I cried. I cried because I felt ashamed of even complaining, I cried because I felt so blessed, I cried because his gift moved my heart, I cried for several reasons. But my tears were not for myself but for how amazed I am of this miracle.

At the end of the day we are all human and make mistakes. It is okay just don't lose yourself in it.

-Cynthia



No comments:

Followers

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector