Thursday, September 2, 2010

When you become too involved.

Lately I have been reflecting on situations and on relationships I have with people. I have come to the realization that I as an invidiual can become too involved in a friend or family members issues. I am the type of person who is sympathetic towards others, when they hurt I hurt, when they are angry I am angry and I will do what I cant to help them.

But I find myself becoming too involved in their issues. Situations occur with them and it angers me and I feel the need to take matters into my own hands to defend my loved ones. Although it is beautiful to have such a large and caring heart that in turn can get you into trouble.

I have come to a point where I no longer wish to hear about peoples daily issues. If you continue to have the same issue and complain about the same thing maybe the issue is you. You sometimes have to step outside the box to get a better view of what is going on. I have given my all to people to only not be appreciated and cast to the side or to just have my thoughts and advice ignored. I can't always defend others. Sometimes people need to have things happen to them or get hurt in order for them to learn. Thats how I learned since I was so stubborn and hardheaded...not wanting to listen to anyone.

You can't those who don't want to be helped and you can't force others to listen to you.
They need to learn on their own. As for me, I have enough going on in my life now and I would prefer not to be everyones daily journal. As much as I appreciate people trusting me enough to confide in me I would prefer not to be brought into someones issues. It is better that way. Some may take offense and not like my decision but this time it is for MY own good. It's time to think about myself. Being extremely self-less you begin to forget your selfworth and your confidence starts to diminish.

-Cynthia

No comments:

Followers

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector