Wednesday, January 19, 2011

PROJECT CUPID x 21-7 MAGAZINE

The short story that I submitted and wrote myself.

Everyone has their own love story. I always sat and wondered when will mine ever unfold. At the young age of 16, I came across somene who to me seemed to be Prince Charming but really was a douchebag wrapped up in aluminum foil. Oh how he swept me off my feet, so I thought. Little did I know the chaos that would take place causing rippled effects in my life. Everything seemed great at first. But then I saw him for who he really was. A monster, the devil in disguise. Never have I met an individual so cold hearted and full of malice. I endured 5 years of abuse. Abuse in all aspects. Mentally, Physically, Emotionally and Spiritually. I lost myself, I lost my friends and worst of all I lost my faith. Something I promised I would always hold on to. And yet I allowed this guy to come and take it from me. I began to distance myself from the world. I hated everything and everyone, couples I saw that were happier only caused me to become more resentful and bitter. Typical scorned woman right? Right. After 5 years I finally gathered up the courage, it was the final blow, literally final blow because he hit me in the face pretty darn hard. I left and never looked back. It took me 4 years of being single to finally find ME again. To find closure and comfort. I gained my treasures back and found some new ones along the way. I always say things happen for a reason and I often use one of my favorite words. Kismet. This was all meant to be. Even if it took for me to get hurt so badly to find where I needed to be in life. And at this moment in time , this is where I need to be. After much prayer and faith, I finally met someone. Someone who treats me like a QUEEN. Someone who listens to me, someone who is not just a lover but a friend. I know that things will not be perfect but I know what it takes. I know what I want in life. He pushes me to do better, to be better, to smile more. And when I feel like I am slipping he is right there to give me a pep talk. All of his kind words has taking some getting used to because of course my first thought and reaction were " This Dude is Bullshitting me right now". But I built up a wall to keep love out and he just broke those walls down. I can't say that we are madly in love, not yet at least. But it is getting there. Everyday is a step by step progress, every day we learn more and more about one another. And one thing I do know is this, although I did find a wonderful man even if things did not work out we will remain great friends and most importantly I found love...I learned to fall in love with the woman in me, the woman my parents raised right and the woman God created me to be. I finally started to love me.


-Cynthia


Check out http://www.21-7Magazine.com/
And if you want to submit your story Follow the rules on The picture Above and send it to
project@21-7magazine.com with CUPID in the subject.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Cynthia, I hope you have the most beautiful Valentine's Day and you are spoiled with love - the real kind that you have now discovered :)

Love and Prayers!
Lauren from ChickAdvisor.

Followers

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector